Sunday, November 13, 2011

May 20, 1954

May 20, 1954

Dear Mom, Dad, and Snapper

Well I thought I would write you a line to let you now I am doing fine.  I am on guard tonight.  I am on the gate. 

Today is Snapper's birthday.  Seven years old this year.  It sure dosen't seem like it.  I guess he is growing a lot.

The mail just came in.  All I got was a Union paper. The Bearer.  I enjoyed reading it.  Not much new though as far as Dept 44.  We got a few new men in from the 40 Div yesterday.  We only got one in the 57 RR.  He was a PFC.  I read where they are starting to send 600 a week on R&R, so drops will be coming a little faster now.  They are sending them by ships now rather than flying them.  I turned it down because I didn't have as much money as I wanted and I wanted to wait till Simonie goes so we can go together.  I'll  probably get a chance to next time they send anyone.  I can turn it down quite a bit.  I might go the next time because Simonie might go to the same school I went to in Japan.  If he does I think I'll go.

There isn't much more to write about so I guess I'll close.  A lot of the guys are having stomach trouble.  They haven't found out just what is causing it yet.  I have a touch of it today for the first time.  Well I'll write again later on. Lots of love,
Ted

No comments:

Post a Comment