Wednesday, November 2, 2011

May 11, 1954



Tuesday May 11, 1954

Dear Mom, Dad, and Snapper

I had a letter from you last night May 4 and a package tonight with the cookies and mahogany dye.  The cookies sure are good.  I just put the dye on the boots.  Think they will be OK.

Last night I went into town and fooled around and tonight I went to the show and saw "Second Chance."  I had seen it before but I enjoyed it the second time. 

Tomorrow night  we start guard again.  I had a couple of the pictures you sent.  They were good.  I keep pictures on the inside top of my foot locker.  The pepperoni you sent last time was OK.  Simonie and I ate all of it.  I don't seem to have to much to write about anymore since we moved down here.  We pull guard every 4 days and when we are not on guard we are training in the morning and play baseball in the afternoon and at 4 pm we have inspection and retreat.  As far as moving the last I heard was the 17 of July.  George Co will be moving to Pusan before long.  I don't know exactly when.  I will sure hate to move there.  I have a good squad now.  I got rid of a dud.  The old man transferred him to H Co.  The boys I have now are OK.  I have a little trouble in the hut with some other guys.  I caught a Porto Rican taking an new T shirt that you sent me one tie.  I don't think he will steal again. 

Well I don't know much more to write about so I will close for now.  I will write you again later.
Love, Ted

No comments:

Post a Comment