Friday, March 9, 2012

July 27, 1954

July 27, 1954

Dear Mom, Dad, and Snapper

Well it was just a year ago to day that the fighting ceased over here. We moved out in the field today to the same area we were last time only we set up a little ways from it. We will be here till about Aug 13 or 14. I don’t know just what our training will be as yet. I think we will have some live fire problems.

I got a letter yesterday with the letter of Jim’s. Enjoyed reading it. I have just had one letter from him and have written him about twice. Tonight I got the letter from Dad telling about going to the Black Hills and Yellow Stone, Casper and Cheyenne and Colorado. That sound like a nice trip and I bet you will all enjoy it. If you leave Aug 2 you might not get this letter before you go but thought I would write it anyway.

My gunny Glen Fish is from Cody, Wyom. You will probably go right through there on you way to Casper. I think his Father’s name is Glen. His wife’s name is Betty. He is sleeping in the same pup tent with me and he is a Cpl, came from the 45 Div. I thought I would tell you about it.

Well I don’t know much more tow rite about, home you have a nice trip.

Love, Ted

No comments:

Post a Comment