Saturday, February 18, 2012

July 16, 1954

July 16, 1954

Dear Mom, Dad, and Snapper

Well I just got off guard.  I was on a day shift today.  I had a few letters.  Some of them took awhile to get here.  I had a letter from Jim today and he said he was in the army and was going to Camp Chaffee, Ark.

I liked the pictures you sent.  They were sure pretty. 

Wed night I went over to see Arkie for the last time.  I had 4 charcoal cooked steaks and a ½ fried chicken.  They had a little party as he was leaving the next day.  He said he was going to see you when he got home.  I don’t guess I will be coming home before Dec the way things look now.  I’ll probably be home before Xmas anyway. 

I have been wondering what the wedding ring is for.  I don’t think I will need it for anything. (note: I don’t know what he is talking about.)  You better take your vacation  on the 16 Aug as I doubt if our outfit is moving back.  I am send a couple of pictures I had taken on the street by some Jap on my R&R.  He sent them to me.  The cost was about 500 yen.  Well not much new so will close.
Lots of Love, Ted

No comments:

Post a Comment