Thursday, December 29, 2011

June 5, 1954

 June 5, 54  Sat.

Dear Mom, Dad, and Snapper

I had a package last night from you with the candy.  It sure was good.  Tonight I had a letter from Dad with the color pictures and I sure did like them.  I think they are the best I have.  Today we had our inspection and tonight we are on guard.  I am on the third relief and I think I will go to the show and see War Arrow.



Well this most likely will be my last night here.  In the morning I am going to go to Pusan.  Monday I got to the fire prevention school and then the Fst Sgt said I had just as well stay down there at the George Company.  It will move down there most likely this week.  I don't know much about it yet.  I'll have it fairly easy the next few days anyway.

I haven't heard anymore about R&R.  Sgt Miller wants me to go to Tokyo with him and he said he could fix it up.  I may go.  How about sending me another 50 dollars out of my account, I might get it before I go.  If not I will send it back or may be borrow some money and use it to pay off with.  I should not have put $150 in the Soldiers Deposit.  I wasn't thinking.  I bout a 60 dollars money order made out to myself so I now have $55 and $60.  I have $30 loaned out to a guy who went on R&R.  I have some money in my pocket too and I might get a partial pay before I go.  I would like you to do something else for me.  I have my pilots license somewhere at home.  Would you take then and get a photostatic copy made.  There are two parts to it.  One is a private pilot rating and the other is an aircraft rating.  They are not in very good shape so you will have to be careful with them.  I don't remember where they are but probably in my personal papers someplace.  I also have two pilot log books. One is a little black book and the other is a bigger brown book.  I want the little black book.  You can go ahead and send it right away and it will probably take you a couple of days to get the photostatic copy made of the other.  There is also a medical certificate you might send too.  You might find them i one of my old billfolds if you have trouble finding them.  The reason I want them is that if I put in for the helicopter school I will need them.  I will need three copies of each certificated.  I haven't decided on anything yet but I would like to have them.  Let me know.

It is raining again.  Seems like every time we have guard it rains.  How are things back home.  Well I miss you all and I'll try to write again soon.  Lots of Love,
Ted

No comments:

Post a Comment