Wednesday, December 7, 2011

May 30, 1954

May 30, 1954

Dear Mom, Dad, and Snapper

Well one more day this month and it will be over.  Today is your birthday back home or at least you are just starting the day.  Hope you are having a nice day.  Wish I could be there with you. 

We get tomorrow off and it is also pay day.  I just got a letter from you date May 21.  The first I have had for a couple of days.  The mail sure gets held up some place.

I am glad to hear Snapper had a nice birthday and go what he wanted.  I bet he is sure growing a lot.  

Did Jan ever get those big pictures made of him.  You said something about it one time but you never sent me one or said anymore about them. 

Not much new here.  I am on MP duty down town tonight and it is raining.  The company clerk told me I was put in for Sgt again.  I wont know any more till about June 15 whether I make it or not.  I still don’t have quite enough time as cpl yet but I might get it.  I hope I make it this month because we are getting a platoon leader (new one.)  He is Lt Snyder from KC.  I think I told you about him in one of my letters.  The 4 platoon has been winning all the inspections lately.  Lt Wheeler went to the 2nd platoon to shape it up.  I always got along good with him and he always seemed to like me.  Hope I make out OK with Lt Snyder. 

No more news about moving yet.  At leas around G company.  The rumor is still going around.  Hope it turns out.  I saw a couple of good pictures lately  “Crazy Legs” and the “Joe Louis Story.”  I didn’t like it to good. 

I haven’t heard any more news from Rountree.  Have you heard from them.  Well I guess I’ll closer for now.  Will write again soon.
Love, Ted

No comments:

Post a Comment