Saturday, December 31, 2011

June 11, 1954

June 11, 1954

Dear Mom, Dad, and Snapper

Well the last letter I wrote was last Monday morning.  I guess you will be awhile getting a letter.  I was supposed to go to the school but it was cancelled till this next Monday. I stayed here in the area and worked till the company moved down yesterday.  I don't think much of the new area compound to our old area in Mason.  It isn't near as nice.  We are going out next week on a field problem which will last 3 weeks.  We wont be back in this area again till sometime in July.  I don't know what the idea is of the field training.  It will make the time go faster. 

I don't know much to write about.  The new camp isn't much and there isn't much to write about it.  They have a PX and a beer hall, a movie and that's about it.  They have a big hill in the rear of the camp and it's plenty steep.  For punishment they send guys up at 6 PM with field packs.  I think it is bigger than any I have been up.  We will probably go up in the morning for PT.

I got two letters from you tonight and 2 the other night.  Guess everything is about the same back home.  I sure like the color picture you sent, I haven't sent mine yet.  I am getting your letters like you are getting mine.  I don't know just why.  They get held up some place.  I don't write every day anymore as I don't have much to say.  It's about the same old thing around here.

I have another new man in my squad now, that makes 8 men counting myself. It sure makes more work.

It sure didn't take long for you to get the package I sent home.  There wasn't much in the box except for some things I thought you might like to read.  Notes on school etc.  Did you find gloves and suspenders in the boots?

Glad you had a nice birthday and got some nice presents.  I wish I could have done something for you.  I haven't received any packages yet.  It takes a few days longer to get then than the letters.  I will probably get the big package you sent while I am out in the field which will be OK.

Haven you heard any from Jim?  Who told you that they broke up because of some woman that loaned Jim money  She was an old like woman.  Well I don't  know much more to write about so I will close.  I'll try to write more often.  Lots of Love, Ted

No comments:

Post a Comment