Wednesday, December 7, 2011

May 27, 1954



Thursday May 27, 1954

Dear Mom, Dad, and Snapper

Had a fairly easy day today.  Didn’t do to much of anything.  Yesterday I saw a couple of shows the last two nights. “Botany Bay” with Allen Ladd and last night I saw “Stalag 17.”  That was a good picture and I have been waiting to see if for a long time.  It was a story about GI’s in a PW camp in Germany.  You should see it if you get a chance.

I had a letter from you, May 19.  Glad you got Snapper what he wanted for his birthday.  Hope your (note: could not make out the next word.)  We have a holiday Monday.  It is also payday.  The mail came in tonight.  I didn’t get any tonight.  I will probably get some tomorrow night.  I think I will go to the show tonight and see “Crazy Legs.”  I think it’s a football picture.

I don’t hear much from anyone anymore.  Just mail from you and Dad.  Sat we are going to have a big inspection.  The Bn Commander is going to come here from Pusan to inspect.  It will be a staff inspection.  Our platoon goes on guard tomorrow night and will be on guard Sat so we will miss it.  We still have to have our hut ready tonight.  Well not much more for now so I will close.
Lots of Love, Ted

No comments:

Post a Comment