Saturday, December 31, 2011

June 7, 1954

Monday  June 7, 1954

Dear Mom, Dad, and Snapper

Well it's 7:30 AM and I am in Pusan now waiting to go to the Fire Prevention School.  I came down yesterday with 7 or 8 other guys who are go to work in our new area.  I am staying in the new area and there isn't much to it.  They have a movie here and a club for enlisted men.  I went to the show and saw Loophole last night and it was a good picture.  I am supposed to be down to the Regt Hqs at 8:20 for the school.  The school is down town at the fire station.  It lasts for 3 days and after that I will stay here in the new area and work in the area until the company gets here.

They asked me at Bn Hqs if I wanted to go on R&R the 13th of June to Japan and I turned it down till after the 15th so I can get paid.  Well don't have much more to write about so I will close.  I will write again soon.
Lots of Love, Ted

No comments:

Post a Comment