Sunday, October 30, 2011

May 9, 1954



Sunday  May 9, 1954

Dear Mom, Dad, and Snapper

Well have finished another day of guard.  I was on the gate again.  It rained last night all night.  It hasn't  been to cold lately.  I think I will go to the show tonight and see "Bad for Each Other." 

Haven't heard from anyone lately but you and dad.  Didn't get any mail today.  Had one last night, May 2.  I guess you are pretty busy taking inventory at the plant now.  That was always a job before. 

We have a new Lt in the company now.  He signed the slip for the packages I sent home and noticed I was from KC.  He asked me last night where I lived and I told him Fairmount.  His home is in KC and he lived around 31st and Woodland or Brooklyn or close to there.  He graduated from Central High School in 1950.  His name is Snyder.  He is just a young guy.  When I found out more about him I will let you know.

I sure enjoy my boots.  They really fit good and look nice. 

I just finished eating.  Someone said today was Mother's Day.  I thought it was next Sunday.  Wish I could send you something, but there isn't any place to get anything.  Happy Mother's Day anyway.  Snapper's birthday is soon. You can buy him something with the money I have if you want to.  He is growing up I guess.  He is 7 this month.  It sure doesn't seem like it.

I will know whether I make Sgt or not this week.  I sure hope I can.  But there is a good chance that I wont.  If I don't make it this time it may be awhile yet. 

Well don't know much more to write about so I'll close.  Well lots of love to all of you.  Will write again soon.
Love, Ted

No comments:

Post a Comment