Saturday, July 9, 2011

January 15, 1954

Fri Jan 15, 1954

Dear Mom, Dad and Snapper

I got your letter today with the money order and the picture.  The pictures sure are good.  The picture of Snapper was good too.  I noticed he had his PFC stripe on up side down.  It should look like this ^.  I may not need the 60 dollars but I will have it just in case.  They have not really said anymore about going and probably wont till it’s time to go. 

The lighter you spoke about.  Just what kind is it?  I have seen a lot of lighters with different things on them.  Pictures of Jap houses, and boats etc.  and some names of Japan or something like that.  They are made like Ronson lighters.  I’ll send something home anyway.

I am sorry about the mix up on the robe.  I kind of felt bad about it.  I’ll send some more home.  I guess you wear a med rather than a small and Dad would probably wear one that would fit me.  I sure wish they would have sent the black robe.  Hope the other things I sent get there before long.  I know you will like them.  They are not expensive things but pretty and different. (note: I remember some of the items he is talking about.  Two items I recall were boxes with secret compartments.  You had to move sliding boards in certain ways and certain sequences to get it to open.  All the family (aunts and uncles) spent many nights trying to figure it out.  There was also a wooden ball that was easy to take apart but very hard to put back together.)

No I didn’t see Terry Morris here.  She was called away.  I read an article in Stars and Stripes.  It didn’t say why.  She was sticking her neck out to do something like that around here. (note: not sure what he is talking about.)  She didn’t get to this area.  That girl you say that danced.  That could have been Roberta Haynes.  She did kind of a native dance and a guy was sitting on the stage.  She danced for him.  She had a low cut dress and didn’t have a brazier on.  They took a move picture of it and the of the crowd.  It was outside and in the same area that the picture I sent of the Roy Acuff Show.  I think I told you about it. (note: he had already mentioned it in a previous letter.)  It was right after Xmas.

May be by now you have seen Hill or Gretizer.  They should call.  Hope Dad gets over his flue.  I know how it is.

I wrote McDonalds a line thanking them for the candy. 

Had a usual day to day and tonight saw Spencer Tracy in a show. He was an old sailor and it was about his little girl wanting tobe an actress.  You probably saw it.  Well I’ll write later on.
Love, Ted

No comments:

Post a Comment