Monday, July 11, 2011

January 17, 1954

Jan 17, 1954  Sun

Dear Mom, Dad, and Snapper

This will probably be the last letter you will get from me for a few days.  I leave tomorrow and probably won’t get a chance to write for a few days.  I am going to pack up all my clothes in the morning and I am only taking shaving gear, shave brush, writing paper, camera and film, besides the clothes I have on.  

I haven’t done much all day, I wrote a couple of letters and I also mailed that book “baby san” and my diploma from the NCO School.  I mailed Snapper a couple more patches. (note: the jacket that they were sewn on has long vanished but just the other day I came across a bunch of the old patches, put them in a frame and they are now hanging in my living room,)

I have a lot of film to take with me.  About 12 rolls that different guys gave me.  

Well I didn’t get any mail today.  Some might come in tonight.  

It sure is muddy out.  It is almost frozen again now but during the day it melts and the mud comes up over the boots.

I haven’t heard anything about making corporal.  I don’t guess I will know now till I get back.  Well I don’t have much to write about.  One of those days.  I’ll write on my way to Japan.
Love, Ted

No comments:

Post a Comment