Wednesday, July 20, 2011

January 27, 1954

Wed  Jan 27, 1954

Dear Mom, Dad, and Snapper

I got through my reading yesterday and it went very well.  Yesterday afternoon we spent some time in the library.  We were making up a subject to talk about for 5 minutes which I gave today.  It went OK.  The next talk will be for 15 minutes.

Last night I got a pass and this Air Force Sgt, which is in my same class, and I went to town.  Didn’t see much.  Went to a couple of bars and drank some Jap beer and dance with the girls.  Some of the girls look just like American girls.  Dress the same way.  It is unbelievable.  I didn’t stay out to late.  I had to give the 5 min talk today.

I still haven’t had any mail yet.  I am beginning to wonder if I will get any while I am here.  I hope to because I miss haring from home. 

Hope you like the pictures I have been sending.  I still have a lot more to send.

Don’t know much new to write about as there isn’t much news.  Might go to town and look around again tonight. The town starts right at the gate.  It is called Eta Jaima.  This weekend I think I’ll go over to Kure and shop around some for something to send home.  I will close now and write you again later on.

(note:  he did not sign this letter.)

No comments:

Post a Comment