Monday, January 30, 2012

June 21, 1954


Monday June 21, 1954

I had a card from Snapper tonight.  It was a Father’s Day card.  I had forgot all about Father’s Day till I got the card.  I thought the card was nice.  I guess I will be later to wish you a happy Father’s Day Dad, but hope you had a good one anyway.

Well I didn’t do much yesterday but lay around and study the classes I was going to give today.  I gave 4 hours this afternoon to 3 sections in the 2nd Bn.  It went pretty good.  The Bn Commander LTC Luckas came up while I gave one class.  He sat and watched for awhile and then left.  Guess it went OK. 

I don’t have much new to say.  I am getting use to having people call me Sgt more now.  It seems like I made it pretty fast.  I still have plenty of time to go over here .  I don’t know whether I can go any higher or not before I go home.  I doubt it.  It would be unusual if I did.  I only know of one guy to make SFC before he went home and he had been Sgt for quite awhile and had about 8 months combat time. 

Everything is going OK out here.  They had a band here this morning and they played at reveille.  I have enjoyed my stay out here and I think we will come out here again next month. (note: remember he is still on a field problem.)  The country is sure pretty here.  We are in a high valley here.  To our rear is a high peak with a spring and a waterfall coming out.  The water is ice cold.  That is where we wash up .  Tonight there is a cloud hanging down between the foot and the peak.  It sure is pretty.

Well not much more to day so I will close.
Lots of Love, Ted
P.S.  I’ll send Snapper some Sgt stripe when I can get some.  (note: he did and I still have them.)

No comments:

Post a Comment