Thursday, January 19, 2012

June 17, 1954

Thursday  June 17, 54

Dear Mom, Dad, and Snapper

I had a letter from you tonight June 8.  I thought that was cute what Snapper said about me calling girls chicks.  I sure had a nice package when I opened it up last night.  Plenty to eat and rink.  I sure am enjoying it.  We didn't do much in the field today.  This sun is hot and it is burning my hands an face. 

That is OK  that you sent the package to Sgt Wood.  We are pretty good Buddy's and what I meant when I said that it all got to the same place is that when i get a package i don't get much more  than the rest of the guys because I pass it around and every on get some of it (except shaving lotion.) (note: remember his Dad use to send him whiskey in shaving lotions bottles.)

I think he would enjoy getting a package and he would really like it because he never gets a package and he doesn't have any folks.

I haven't heard if I made Sgt or not.  The rank drop should come any day now.  Well I guess I will close for now.  We are going up to take a shower at the water fall close by.  I'll write you again before long.
Lots of Love, Ted

No comments:

Post a Comment