Saturday, January 28, 2012

June 20, 1954


Sunday June 20, 1954

Dear Mom, Dad, and Snapper

Well now I am sitting outside my pup tent writing this letter.  I haven’t written for a couple of days.  Friday night we were on a night problem.  I had the letter with my log book and the money order.  Thanks a lot for sending it.  Friday June 18 my orders came through promoting me to Sgt.  I guess you noticed on the letter.  I don’t feel much different.  I am not to excited for some reason.

Last night and Friday night  and all day yesterday it rained and we spent most of the time trying to keep dry.

Also last night I had two letters and Sgt Wood and myself got the packages.  Sgt Wood wanted me to thank you.  We sure enjoyed them a lot.  This morning we went up to the creek and washed some clothes and our selves and that is about it.  Tomorrow all the 57 RR sections from the Bn are having their classes.  I have 4 classes to give tomorrow.  It will be on the 57 and I sure hate to give it.  I am going to work on it in a few minutes.  I am still eating out of the big box you sent.  That was some picture of your bin bench girls Dad. (note: he must be referring to a calendar sent.)

Well I don’t know much more to say so I will close for now and work on my lesson plan.  Will write again later on.  Thanks for the packages and sending the big book etc and the money orders.
Lots of Love Ted.

No comments:

Post a Comment