Wednesday, October 26, 2011

May 7, 1954

Fri  May 7, 1954

Dear Mom, Dad, and Snapper

How is everything at home.  Last night I had MP duty. Had a good time at it.  Have a little excitement after pay days with drunks etc.  I had the morning off so I worked on my boots. I put my zipper boots in the box my crown boot came in and wrapped it up.  I am sending a few other things home too. Pair of gloves and a pair of suspenders that are in the toe of my boots. I am sending some pictures, film neg, papers etc that I thought you might like to read. I will give it to the mail man tonight and get it on the way.

I had a letter last night from Dad.  I was wondering if Grace Stewart still worked at Westinghouse when I saw Arkie. Well can't think of much more to say for now so I will close.  I'll write again later today.---------------- Well not much new went on today. We just finished cleanig up the hut for inspection.  I got you letter dated May 1st tonight.Guess there isn't much more to say for now so I'll close.  I took my boots and mailed them tonight.  Let me know when you get them.
Lots of Love, Ted

Here is another patch for Snapper.  It is the patch of the Infantry school at Ft Benning.

No comments:

Post a Comment