Saturday, October 1, 2011

April 16, 1954

                                          

April  16, 1954

Dear Mom, Dad, and Snapper

I got you Easter Card tonight and a letter from dated April 9.  Sorry to hear you have to go on nights.  I wonder why you are.  I wouldn't think they would put you on nights unless you wanted to go, may be they have something in mind for you. 

I was on guard Wed night and all day yesterday till 6pm.  I was cpl of the third relief though.  All I did was see that the guards were posted and relieved etc.  I like it OK.  We will probably change around next time.

Yesterday I had the postman pick up an electric iron in Pusan PX.  It was a Westinghouse open handle iron.  It cost $8.25.  Cpl Smith the other squad leader in the hut went in with me.  That ought to sound good in the Westinghouse News, that I can press my fatigues in Korea.

I went into town last night and got another stamp made.  The one below is the one I had made. (note: he means a rubber stamp with his name in capital letters.)  The one I did have was the one I had made in Iwo and the other one is a hand made one I got here.  They don't print to good on this pad.

Sunday night our platoon goes on guard again.  I wont be here because I got a three day pass starting in the morning.  Sgt Jo turned my name in for me.  The old man asked me where I wanted to go.  I told him so I'll go in the morning at 7:15 and come back Monday afternoon.  I will get MP duty Tues night.  My first time for that. (note: he doesn't say where he is going?)  All they do is walk around the clubs and streets looking for trouble, etc. 

Well don't know much of  anything new so I will close.  I am sending some more pictures that I had developed.  These are not as clear as the others because they were developed in Masan.  There are three in our old area in north Korea.  You can place them side by side and get a good idea what our area looked like.  Will send a few more later on.
Lots of Love at Easter,
Ted
I sure liked the Easter Card.

No comments:

Post a Comment