Tuesday, February 14, 2012

July 8, 1954

July 8, 1954

Dear Mom, Dad, and Snapper

Not much new at this end.  Thought I would write anyway.  I got you can of cookies last night.  They sure were good.  Did I tell you that Captain Book left the company and is the Bn S-3 now.  1st Lt Hooper is CO now.  Book left before I got back.  Simonie told me he talked to the company before he left and said that he hated to leave the company as he had been here a long time and had watched the men grow.  Said he had a man go from Pvt to Sgt while he had been there etc.  He was talking about me I guess as I am the only one who had done that since he has been here.

Tomorrow our company has a part at K9 beech on the ocean.  Food, beer and cokes.  I still have my trunks so I will use them.  Bet I am the only one in the company with a pair.  Not much to do around Pusan.  They have a NCO Club for the 1st 3 grades.  It is nice.  They have a band and bingo every night.  Mixed drinks are only 20 cents.  It’s a nice club.  Only 5th RCT Sgts are allowed.  It’s run by the Regt.  We haven’t done much in the way of training since I have been back.  Monday we start guard down on the docks in Pusan. 

I am sending pictures I took in Japan and out in the field.  One of them was when Sgt Wood and I were taking a bath and had washed our clothes and waiting for them to dry.  Well not much more to write about so I will close.
Lots of Love, Ted

No comments:

Post a Comment