Friday, January 30, 2015

June 10, 1953

Wed  June 10, 1953

Dear Mom, Dad, and Snapper

How is everything at home.  I got you letter tonight.  Everything is fine here.  Haven’t done much of anything new.  Days seem to go by slower now.  We have been getting through early now in the field lately.  I thought we were going to have it easy but our platoon has to drill 2 hours every night to be in some kind of contest next Saturday.

I went to church Monday night.  Mr. Clark never did say anything so I didn’t either.

Tomorrow we go down and give blood.  Everybody gives.  We haven’t much choice the way they put it.  We have all day tomorrow off though.  They said we might get a pass this weekend.

I haven’t heard what my orders are yet.  I guess I will find out about the 18th or 19th . 

I haven’t got that money yet.  Hope I get it before to long. 

I don’t think I can send my clothes home yet.  I can’t until I get my orders anyway.  Most of my clothes are in the laundry now. 

I haven’t decided what I will do yet.  They will only let us take 40 lbs in the chartered plane.  I may take what I need with me and send the rest express.  If I come some other way I’ll keep it with me.

Well not much more to say.  I’ll write you later on.
Love, Ted

No comments:

Post a Comment