Saturday, February 7, 2015

June 14, 1953

Sunday June 14, 1953

Dear Folks

How is everything at home?  Everything is fine here.  I got the two money orders you sent.  I think that should be enough.

We got a pass Sat evening.  Martin and I went to Paso Robles hitching hiking and decided to keep going south to some other towns just to see what they were like.  The MPs picked us up and gave us a lift to where ever we wanted to go.  They said they were going to Santa Barbara so we just went with them.  We got there about .  It is a pretty nice town.  It is right on the coast.  When we decided to return to camp we got a ride with a Marine officer as far as Paso Robles.

Well I just have four more days of training.  I sure will be glad to get home.  I don’t guess you will be getting many more letters from me here.  I will be home almost before they get there.  I guess you wont send to many more letters either.  I might not get them.

I hope I get my orders this next Thur or the weekend.  If I don’t I may have to stay here at Roberts for a few weeks or till they come.  I haven’t heard anything about that school yet.  It may hold me up or something.

Did I tell you they are going to close Camp Roberts?  They are going to completely close it down by the first of the year.  It will take them 6 months to close it.  I can’t see why they are.

I got a high rating in the field in a Field Forces inspection a few weeks ago.

Will close for now.  I’ll try to write you again before long.
Love, Ted

No comments:

Post a Comment