Monday, January 5, 2015

May 18, 1953

Monday  May 18, 1953

Dear Folks

Well don’t have much time to write.  I have to move tonight.  About 37 guys are moving out of our Btry.  They joined the Regular Army and they got their orders.  So they are going to make their barracks else where.  I will be in the third platoon now.

I was going to go to church tonight but didn’t.  Guess I will later.

Saturday was the big parade, about 13,000 were in it.  Wish you could have seen it.  Sat afternoon we didn’t do much of anything.  I went to the show Sat night and saw Young Bess.  It was a real good picture. 

I got plenty of sleep Sat and Sun.  Sunday they let us go to town and get things for bivouac.  I didn’t get all I needed.  I will get soap etc at the PX.

4 of us went bowling.  We bought some canned heat.  A case of 216 cost $9 About 2 dollars a piece.  We are selling it for 25 cents or five for a dollar.  It cost us less than 5 cents a can.  We should make about $10 a piece on it.  We have our money back already.  We are going to get double for it on bivouac.

We are still on recoilless rifles.  Tomorrow  is the last day.  I have a night problem Tues and Weds night.  Friday we leave for bivouac.  I won’t be able to write for awhile now.  May be Thurs night. 

I got your cookies and candy and flashlight and 2 letters tonight.  Cookies are really good.  I think I will close for now.  I’ll write you the next chance I get.  Tell Talent hello and all the guys.
Love, Ted

No comments:

Post a Comment