Friday, May 31, 2013

Murder in Sedalia

My memory is a little vague concerning the names of who shot who, so I am not going to use any of the names I think I know but really don't know, you know like Jack Webb said, "to protect the innocent."

There was a house if ill repute, shall we say, on the north side of the tracks years ago.  The house was very famous or infamous and everyone knew it was there and why it was allowed to operate was never really explained.

A young man found out that his former girl friend had gone to work there.  He didn't like the idea and showed up at the house and caused some sort of scene.  The owner of the place took offense at the man's presence and behavior and shot him dead. 

The owner was arrested and for such a big event in Sedalia I cannot remember what the out come was.  

The one thing that does stick in my mind is that the sister of the young man killed was in my eighth grade class at the Sedalia Junior High and so was the son or step son of the man who killed the boy.  They were in the same class, same period etc.  There must not have been any particular problems because nothing stands out that there was a problem in the school between the two famalies. 

If anyone can fill in the blanks I would be interested in knowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment