Sunday, May 19, 2013

Sedalia-Heber Hunt Chocolate

Students remember some teachers but what they don't realize teachers remember some students.  I for one remember all my students but not by name.  Recently I received a class picture of the first class I ever taught and I knew everyone of them.  There was only one without prompting that I could put a name.  Here is why -  It was around some holiday and it was the custom back then that the students would bring the teacher a small treat like candy or a small token.  A couple of boys brought me a box of chocolate covered cherries.  My wife and I liked chocolate covered cherries so as soon as I got home we opened the box.  I took one of the pieces, bit into it and discovered it was paraffin with a not to good tasting chocolate covering.  Well I saw the humor in it and I wish I would have taken the box back to school the next day and passed it around telling the class how delicious they were and give credit to the boys who gave it to me.  However the boys admitted the next day after being much to eager to ask how I liked their gift, that one of their grandmothers had helped them make the "treat."  I didn't make an issue out of it of course because I thought it was funny.  One of the mothers came up to me after school one day soon afterwards and told me that I had permission to do anything to her son short of breaking bones and drawing blood.  I never did of course, but Brian Dickman beware I might find myself in the northwest portion of the US some day.  I have a good memory and a long one.  I don't think I will order a pizza from you unless you taste it first.

1 comment:

  1. Hello it's me, I am also visiting this web site regularly, this site is in fact good and the viewers are genuinely sharing nice thoughts.

    Feel free to surf to my site - sexmovievault.com

    ReplyDelete