Friday, January 21, 2011

May 24, 1853

Sunday  May 24, 1953

Dear Mom, Dad, and Snapper

Haven’t done much of anything all day.  It is about now just finished eating.  Last night we just fooled around till dark then got in our tents and covered up and went to sleep and didn’t get up till this morning.  Ate breakfast and we dug slit trenches for our platoon. 

Lucas, Martin, and I took a walk in the hills and took some pictures. 

They have hot water now.  They put gasoline burners in a big can of water.  I shaved again and gave my self a Jew bath.  I washed my feet good. 

The Chaplain came out and had service for protestants members.

It looks like it might rain.  I hope not.  I think I am on KP tomorrow so I go to a base camp about 8 miles from here and stay there tomorrow and tonight.  They have a building there. 

I wish I would have remembered to have you send me some cigarettes and candles. In the package you are going to send.  I don’t think you will have time to send them when you get this letter so I can get them.  We may get cigarettes in our C rations once in awhile.  Candles help keep the tent worm and put out light.  I didn’t get any mail out here yet.  Probably get some tomorrow.  Well now much more to say now so I’ll write the next chance I get.
Love, Ted

No comments:

Post a Comment